Click Image for Gallery
Easily solve upper torso needs for most wheelchair users with the Spex exceptional upholstery section. Incorporates Spex contouring cube system to allow on-the-spot customisations for torso comfort and asymmetry needs.
Rectangle shape style fits between the wheelchair canes, while T shape sits in front of the wheelchair canes. New Surface style also sits in front of the canes and gives greater support in the shoulder and pelvic areas.
- Effortless customisations
- On-the-spot adaptions for changing postural needs
- Instant results
- Cubes can be removed and added at any time
- Contouring doesn’t move or slip out of adjustment
- Additional contouring support wedges can be used to further enhance the degree of contouring
Designed for the individual who:
- Requires a comfortable back support to reduce torso pain
- Requires spinal alignment and support
- Has skin breakdown/pressure care needs
- Has bony or protruding skeletal prominences
- Have changing postural needs
- Pertains a maladaptive or asymmetric posture
|For mild bony prominences||For Immersion||For Asymmetry|
|Without even adjusting the cube system, the Spex back support has slight contouring and integrates a comfortable pressure reducing foam surface layer to absorb mild bony prominences and asymmetries for uniform torso contact.||For individuals that require immersion into the back support, simply adjust the cube contouring cell system to configure for a perfect fit and shape for the user's back.||For asymmetrical or maladaptive postures, the contour can be arranged to provide the matching shape required to support the user's torso profile.|
- Comfortable pressure reducing foam surface layer to absorb bony prominences.
- Cube contouring cell system provides configurations for a perfect fit and shape for the client.
- Customisation to contouring are performed on-the-spot.
- Created as the solution-solver for asymmetrical back postures.
- Modular componentry means you can ‘mix and match’ with different lateral pad options and positioning supports.
- Offers exceptional back/shoulder contact.
- Sustainable choice for issuing to other users
- Dual-layer cover reduces shear forces, and breathable air-mesh on back support sides counters moisture and temperature
- Approx. Spex back support weight is from 1.3 to 3.8 kg